Blue Ridge Labradoodles
Exclusive Training Program
"Puppy Steps Training Program"
Our Puppy Steps Training Program is designed to help your puppy get the best start in training as possible, while learning to adapt to daily family life.
This is carried out by our bringing the puppy into a home environment and training one-on-one each day, as well as socializing the puppy with a variety of people and animals on a daily basis.
Our trainer uses the Clicker Training method, which you can read more about at this link. It is very effective with our young puppies. They are very intelligent and eager to learn.
Training starts when the puppy turns 8-9 weeks old and can continue up until 12 weeks of age - we allow flexible timeframe, but we recommend the four weeks of training.
The most unique part about our Training Program is that we can tailor it to meet your needs. Some people need a puppy that will contentedly stay in a crate during daytime hours, while others need a puppy to use a doggie door. Early therapy dog training and other special needs companion training can also be incorporated. While further training will still be needed, this gets a young puppy a start that cannot be found many places.
Cost: $300 a week or 4 week package price.
*Please note that as soon as the puppy enters our training program, the training program fees are non-refundable. Thank you.
FOR Continuing your TRAINING!
Order: Clicking With Your Dog
By: Karen Pryor
Training Package Price! $1,000* for four weeks training!
What is included in our Puppy Steps Training:
- Complete Night-time Crate Training
- Beginning Housebreaking and
- Indoor Paper Training/Potty Training Using Litter Box for weeks 4-9, then transitioning to outdoor training. We can use indoor training methods if your puppy will be raised in an apartment.
- Basic Command Training: Come, Sit, Stay/Wait, Go to Bed (We can't guarantee your puppy will know all of these commands flawlessly, but the training will at least be started and he/she will have several of them down very well.)
- Puppy Learns His/Her Name
- Leash Walking
- Basic Obedience and Manners, no chewing/biting
- Puppies are kept up to date on shots and de-worming treatments during the training period
- Puppies receives Life's Abundance puppy food and Nu Vet Supplements daily as part of the program to keep him on the road to good health.
Watch our video below to see Cameron after 4 weeks of our Training Program. Cameron did not know any commands beginning at 8 weeks, and after 4 weeks he knew his name, came when called, could sit, lay down and "go to bed" on command. He also was well adjusted with other animals. (He meets this cat for the first time in the video you will see.) And at the end of the video you will witness a raw clip of him receiving his very first commands from his new Master, an 8-year-old girl who has never trained a puppy before this.