Puppy Steps Training PrograM
"Hi! Debbie did a wonderful job during the two weeks he spent in training with her. He is super sweet, smart, was an amazing passenger on the long ride home, totally potties outside, walks on his leash like a pro (even after he started off with Debbie pulling backwards), and best of all...he gives kisses galore! Thanks for helping us make this happen." ~Sandy
ABOUT OUR PUPPY STEPS TRAINING PROGRAM:
Our Puppy Steps Training Program is designed to help your puppy get the best start in training as possible, while learning to adapt to daily family life.
This is carried out by all of our puppies growing up in a loving home environment and training one-on-one each day, as well as socializing every puppy with a variety of people and animals on a daily basis.
Training starts when the puppy turns 8-9 weeks old and can continue with us up until 12 weeks of age - we allow a flexible timeframe, but we recommend the four weeks of training.
The most unique part about our Training Program is that we can tailor it to meet your needs. Some people need a puppy that will contentedly stay in a crate during daytime hours, while others need a puppy to use a doggie door. Early therapy dog training and other special needs companion training can also be incorporated. While further training will still be needed, this gets a young puppy a start that cannot be found many places.
*Please note that as soon as the puppy enters our training program, the training program fees are non-refundable. Thank you.
What is included in our Puppy Steps Training:
- Complete Night-time Crate Training
- Beginning Housebreaking
- Indoor Paper Training/Potty Training Using Litter Box for weeks 4-9, then transitioning to outdoor training. We can use indoor training methods if your puppy will be raised in an apartment.
- Basic Command Training: Come, Sit, Wait, Bed (We can't guarantee your puppy will know all of these commands flawlessly, but the training will at least be started and he/she will have several of them down very well.)
- Puppy Learns His/Her Name
- Leash Walking
- Basic Obedience and Manners, no chewing/biting
- Puppies are kept up to date on shots and de-worming treatments during the training period
- Puppies receive Life's Abundance puppy food and Nu Vet Supplements daily, both of which you should order before welcoming your new puppy home, as part of the program to keep him/her on the road to good health.
Watch our video below to see Cameron after 4 weeks of our Training Program. Cameron did not know any commands beginning at 8 weeks, and after 4 weeks he knew his name, came when called, could sit, lay down and "go to bed" on command. He also was well adjusted with other animals. (He meets this cat for the first time in the video you will see.) And at the end of the video you will witness a raw clip of him receiving his very first commands from his new Master, an 8-year-old girl who has never trained a puppy before this.